- - -
- Media Lab, (Cambridge, November 2001) – opening
- The Kitchen (New York, January 2002)
- SIGGRAPH 2002 (Los Angeles, August 2002) – with 3-screen Visualization Suite
- Special version adapted for a Cunningham dance Event (Paris, August 2002)
- The Institute for ContemporaryArt (ICA, London, September 2002)
- Arizona State University (Nov - January 2003)
- UC-Irvine, Beal Center for the Arts (January 2003)
- SF Cameraworks, San Francisco (Feb - March 2003)
- VideoDanza Barcelona ( Feb - March 2003)
- Presented by White Bird at the Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR (February 2004)
- Ars Electronica (Linz, September 2005) – with new Loops Score (Sept 2005)
- new 3D high-definition realization, Film Society of Lincoln Center (New York, June 7-12, 2011)
- Institute for the Humanities art gallery, University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, 12/1/11 - 1/10/12)
- - -
Commissioned by the M.I.T. Media Lab for the “ID/Entity” show, which was organized by Judith Donath and curated by Christina Yang of the Kitchen.
Merce Cunningham performed his dance for the hands in 2000 in the motion capture studios of Modern Uprising, which kindly donated its services for the project. Cunningham also suggested using his diary excerpts for the sound score, which he read and we recorded in 2002.
The Cunningham Dance Foundation has provided continuous support for this project. We especially thank Trevor Carlson (the director) and David Vaughan (the archivist).
The John Cage prepared piano samples were provided by the courtesy The John Cage Trust, whose director Laura Kuhn has given us her usual astute advice and enthusiasm. We have Laura to thank for originally introducing us to Cunningham in 1998.
- - -
- “New York Reviews,” ARTnews, March 2002.
- “Exhibition offers glipse into artistic future,” ASU Insight, Nov 15, 2002.